ETAD 402: Multimedia Design and Production
This course introduces you to the building blocks that make up a multimedia product. You will learn to use the tools and editors to not only build various blocks of media, but will also design and manage them in a delivery system that makes sense to your desired outcomes.
The course is broken up into 5 major themes. These themes represent what are typically considered the major building blocks of a Multimedia Production.
- Web Design/HTML
Face-to-Face Class Time
Thursday afternoons will be used for a number of activities.
- Demonstration and explanation of concepts and topics
- In-class exercises and media challenges/explorations
- Discussion and questioning
- In-class project working time
Assignments are designed to teach you specific skills related to the 5 building blocks of multimedia mentioned above. Each assignment can be tackled as a stand alone media element or they can contribute to your major multimedia project. Assignment details will be provided closer to the due dates.
Outside of Class Time
Outside of class you'll be asked to
- read from your textbook and assigned articles.
- complete online tutorials both assigned and discovered.
- contribute summaries of learning to a shared space.
- Styles and sizes
- Preparing text for a project
- Formatting on-screen text
- Guidelines for using text on screen
- basics concepts related to the use of digital images in multimedia
- concepts related to graphic design
- basics of website design and construction
- online design concepts
- basics of audio production
- basics of video planning and pre-production