Do More with Audio
The Radio Play
With no visual component, radio drama depends on dialogue, music and sound effects to help the listener imagine the characters and story: “It is auditory in the physical dimension but equally powerful as a visual force in the psychological dimension.”
- Relic Radio - an internet archive of hundreds of classic Radio Dramas - http://www.relicradio.com/otr/
A podcast's distributor maintains a list of audio or video files in a series on a server as a web feed, and the listener or viewer uses special client application software, known as a podcatcher, to access this web feed, check it for updates, and download any new files in the series. This process can be automated so that new files are downloaded automatically, which may seem to the user as if the content is being broadcast or "pushed" to them. Files are stored locally on the user's computer or other device, ready for offline use.
- iTunes has made distributing podcasts a mainstream thing - http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/
- Other Free Podcasting tools and hosts are available. Here's a few to get you started.
- Free podcast hosting - http://www.podbean.com/
- Hosting - http://www.technorms.com/37746/best-sites-to-host-your-podcasts
- Hack Hosting - http://www.labnol.org/internet/host-podcasts-on-google-drive/28227/