Text to Hypertext
from text to hypertext
One of the most basic elements of a multimedia production is text. Text is both literal like the spoken word and visually illustrative like an image. The power of text and typography in any multimedia production is something that is often overlooked. But a good designer uses text to motivate, captivate the audience, and to deliver the message. We'll look at not only the technical elements that make up the world of text and typography, but also how itself can be used as multimedia.
By the end of this theme you should be able to...
- Differentiate between text, font and typography
- Differentiate serif, sans-serif, and monospace fonts and identify their benefits and limitations
- Identify the technical elements of font styles
- Type Contrast
- Apply typographic hierarchy to effectively communicate information
- Define the terms Hypertext, Interactive Fiction, Hypertext Fiction and Transmedia
- Font families
- Typographic hierarchy
- Interactive fiction