This week we’ll take a look at the power and presence of a Logo. What makes a logo memorable? How does it become iconic? What design principles are at play in a successful logo? We will explore these questions and look at the process of logo design to help us create our own symbols of identity.
By the end of the second week you should be able to
- Differentiate branding, identity, and logos
- Employ the 5 principles of effective logo design
- Consider the psychology of logo design with respect to the elements of design
- Employ the 8 steps in the process of logo design
- logo design process
What is a logo?
“McDonald’s Golden Arches” by McDonald’s – It can be found on McDonald’s webpage.
Transferred from en.wikipedia; transferred to Commons by User:Tomchen1989 using CommonsHelper.. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons.
You’ll need to work through the lynda.usask.ca Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015) videos by the start of next weeks class.
- Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015):
- Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11
(Approximate viewing time 1.5 hrs)
You need to create a logo by Friday. See the Corporate Logo Assignment details in your syllabus.