Instructional Design and Multimedia
In this theme we’ll be introducing Multimedia and how it’s used in education. We want to look at the limitations and advantages, but also reasoning behind choosing multimedia to supplement your teaching resources. We are also going to look at the craft of Instructional Design including it’s various models and the fundamentals that help guide design decisions. We’ll also examine the differences between Instructional Design, Information Design, Information Architecture and where the lines of these fields begin to blur.
By the end of this theme you should be able to …
- Define Multimedia in the context of informational, educational, instructional, and edutainment purposes.
- Outline various characteristics of learning environments discussed.
- Discuss the advantages and limitations of multimedia.
- Apply discussed instructional design models and fundamentals to a multimedia project.
- Differentiate between instructional and information design.
- Discuss the SAMR Model as it relates to Technology adoption in education.
- Apply the SAMR Model and Bloom’s Taxonomy to your multimedia projects.
- Instructional design
- Information design
- Learning environments