Film screening: Home from School
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Time: 11:45 am – 1:30 pm
Location: Ground Floor, Murray Library
The USSU invites everyone to a special presentation of Home from School, with an introduction by Dr. Angela Jaime (PhD), Interim Vice-Provost Indigenous Engagement.
Home from School: The Children of Carlisle (2021) follows the story of a delegation of Northern Arapaho tribal members who traveled from Wyoming to Pennsylvania in 2017 to retrieve remains of three children who died at Carlisle Indian Industrial school in the 1880s. The film is a journey into the troubled history of Indian boarding schools and a quest to heal generational wounds.
The USSU Women’s Centre is hosting Sexual Violence Awareness Week. Our week will focus on awareness, steps that can be taken toward prevention, community, and healing.
Monday September 26th
- What is Sexual Violence? With Morgan Price from Saskatoon Sexual Assault and Information Centre, 2:00 pm at Roy Romanow Council Chambers
Tuesday September 27th
- Bystander Training! with Nicole White, 1:30 pm at the Roy Romanow Council Chambers
Wednesday September 28th
- Fight, Flight or Free: How to Unlock the Stress Cycle, 2:00 pm at the Roy Romanow Council Chambers
- Self Defence Class, 6:00 – 7:00 pm at the Williams Building Gym
Thursday September 29th
- Rally Against Sexual Violence! Starting at 2:00pm at the Women’s Centre
- Movie Night in the Women’s Centre, 5:00pm at Women’s Centre
- Sign Making at the Women’s Centre
September 15 is the last day to apply for Fall Term Opt-Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30pm.
Join us to learn about various academic resources on campus and how you can protect yourself from academic misconduct and enhance your academic life on campus.
Monday, Sept 19
9 – 11 am, Booth outside in the Bowl with Swag (North Concourse of Place Riel if the weather isn’t great)
- What does the USSU Academic Advocacy office do? Find out with activities, prizes, and information available in the Bowl.
Tuesday, Sept 20
10 – 2 pm, USSU Help Centre
- Come grab a freezie at the USSU Help Centre and learn about our Exam Bank.
Wednesday, Sept 21
2 – 4 pm, Louis’ Loft
- Dean’s Fair – Come connect with your Dean and other students in your program at Louis’ Loft. Refreshments provided.
Thursday, Sept 22
- Follow @ussuexec on Instagram for information about deferred exams and midterm season on Thursday.
Friday, Sept 23
- Follow @ussuexec on Instagram for information about academic rights and responsibilities on Friday.
2022-23 USSU Student At Large Application (SAL)
Calling all USask undergrad student leaders! This is your chance to make a difference on campus!
You are eligible to apply for Student At Large (SAL) positions on any of the USSU Committees. Committee descriptions are available here: ussu.ca/committees. Students may also read the SAL Policy at ussu.ca/bylaw for more information regarding SAL responsibilities.
Benefits of getting involved with the USSU
1. Student governance and leadership experience
2. Get a co-curricular record (CCR) on your transcript.
4. Have a lot of fun and socials
If any of the following committees are of interest to you, please submit your application by September 16, 2022, at 4 pm.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or any questions about the application process.
Academic Relations Committee (once a month)
Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Committee (once a month)
Campus Group Committee (weekly )
Elections Committee (generally February and March, 4 times)
External Relations Committee (monthly)
Finance and Assessment Committee ((once a month))
Indigenous Student Advisory Committee (once a month)
International Student Advisory Committee (once a month)
Student Experience Committee (once a month)
Student and City of Saskatoon Connection Committee (once a month)
Sustainability Committee (once a month)
Register for the USSU Fall Games being held in the bowl on September 19 and 20, 2022. There will be some exclusive gift cards for our winners and refreshments would be provided. The best way to kickstart your Fall journey! Participants can enter a team of 5 players or more depending on the kind of sport.
*Open to all Usask students and staff
Please create multiple registrations if you would like to participate in more than one sporting event.
Come join the USSU for a fun-filled afternoon where we play Scavenger Hunt and discover our University (and some secret spots ;)), make some new friends and connections, and win amazing prizes!!!
Open to both teams and individuals. Before the game, all individuals would be divided into teams of 4.
Date and Time: 12th September 2022 (Monday)
2 pm onwards (Please reach the Bowl by 1:30 pm so we can register you)
2 pm-4 pm Scavenger Hunt
4 pm- Team Building and Winner Announcement – Louis Loft
Snacks and refreshments will be provided! Sign Up Here
Come to the Bowl tonight for free popcorn (while supplies last) and a movie!
Are you interested in joining a club? Campus Group Week is perfect for you! Check out the Arts Tunnel September 12-16 to see all our campus‘s different groups. Groups will promote their events, recruit members and inform students of their mandate. For more information regarding campus clubs, visit https://ussu.ca/student-groups/
Come cheer the Huskies with the USSU. We are taking students to watch the Homecoming Football game on the 9th of September. as we go against one of our rivals the UBC Thunderbirds. Register yourself for the event and avail your student tickets. You would not want to miss out on this once-a-year event packed with noise, excitement, and lots of fun.
Meeting Place: North Concourse, Place Riel at 4:45 pm
5 pm: Rally Alley (tailgate – food, snacks, beer gardens, live band)
6:30 pm : Settling in your seats (ticket QR code is a must)
7 pm: Kickoff!!!!
Halftime: Toga Run
10:15 pm: Walk back