Classes are suspended Monday, March 16 through Wednesday, March 18, and beginning Thursday, March 19; the university is moving to remote delivery of classes for the remainder of the winter term.
The USSU will remain open for students and the campus community. We will provide an update on Monday regarding any changes to the hours of our services, including the Food, Help, Pride, and Women’s Centres, Safewalk & Student Crew, Louis’ and Louis’ Loft, and XL Print & Design.
With respect to the mandate from the university, the USSU will be canceling upcoming USSU events and election forums. Campaigning for USSU elections will begin as scheduled on Monday, and we will provide an update regarding the USSU election as soon as possible.
The USSU will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds. Our focus is ensuring the health of our students and the campus community. The USSU is currently undertaking a series of precautionary steps, including increased cleaning and sanitizing, to help prevent the spread of all germs in Place Riel and Memorial Union Building.
Please continue to take these recommended precautions that can help prevent illness and transmission:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Sneeze into your sleeve or elbow and throw away soiled tissues as soon as possible, followed by hand washing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Stay home if you are sick
- Make sure that your vaccinations are up-to-date
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
Please visit usask.ca/updates for the most up-to-date information on this rapidly changing situation.