By the end of this Learning Module you should be able to:
- Differentiate theatre from other types of performance or entertainment.
- Describe the traits of theatre discussed in this module.
- Read through the Learning Material in this module and interact with the media as it is presented to you.
- Read Theatre: Performance and Art PDF available in the Canvas DRAM 108 course site under Module 2 Readings in the main menu due to copyright conditions.
- Complete the Learning Activities listed within the module content.
- Interact with your classmates posts in the Canvas Discussion Forums.
- Patterson, J, et al. (2011). Theatre: Performance and Art. In The Enjoyment of Theatre, 8th Edition (pp. 2-14). Pearson
Key Terms and Concepts
- doer(s) (performer)
- watcher(s) (audience)
- relationship between doers & watchers
- something is done (presentation)
- real site or space, often with artificial settings
- movement through time