In this Issue: The New LMS is Here!
- How-To get up to speed fast with the new Canvas LMS
- Did you know… There’s training and resources for Canvas available?
- Dig Deeper: 5 Reasons to be excited for Canvas
- DEU Support and Contact Information.
How-to get up to speed fast with the new Canvas LMS
The new Learning Management System (LMS) is reason to celebrate. But transitioning to new learning technologies can also be a little daunting. Although DEU, GMCTL, and ICT are working hard to develop professional learning plans that merge teaching and learning practices with technical skills you may want to take some time on your own to orient yourself with the LMS update. USask training will take place throughout the summer for early adopters and into the fall and beyond for those transitioning for winter term.
In this post, however, the Instructional Design Team at the Distance Education Unit has curated a few resources from Canvas to get you familiar and even, up and running in Canvas, quickly and easily.
Click here to get up to speed with the new Canvas LMS
Did you know… There’s training and resources for Canvas available?
LMS updates, training, and project and technical details are all available online.
- Change management messaging and basic information
- Technical training opportunities
- Technical information, project timelines and detailed contact information
Canvas resources for independent learning are also available at
- LinkedIn Learning – Create and manage courses with Canvas
- Canvas Community – How-to Guides
- Canvas Community – Video Guides
The Early Adopter survey closes on June 3rd. You want to get in to Canvas ahead of your college or school, consider filling out the early adopter survey below.
Dig Deeper: 5 Reasons to be excited for Canvas
It’s official! USask is moving away from the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) to Canvas by Instructure! And I gotta say, the Instructional Design Team at the Distance Education Unit are very excited! But what’s the hubbub?
Follow this link to find out what we’re excited about in the new LMS!